Satalec Scaling Kit
£321.18 (excl VAT)
Delivered with PM1,PM2, PM3, PM4 tips, an autoclavable metal support and an autoclavable universal wrench, Intra-sulcular finishing of the prosthetic limits.
The four scaling tips, sub and sub-gingival, are ideal for the current cases in daily practice (pocket <3-4mm). All the inserts have the new system of “spray control” (SATELEC® exclusivity).
Tips have to be oriented tangentially to the treated surface. Apply on all the surface a to-and-fro sweeping motion to “push” and “pull” calculus without damaging the enamel. It is essential NOT to use excessive side pressure. The elimination of the important deposits can require the appeal to the “Boost” mode during short periods.
Mastering ultrasound does not stop at devising generators and control software, it also means designing the appropriate accessories that will give them optimum vibration power and guarantee their reliability. Instruments are made from the best alloys, exclusive to Satelec, using patented procedures.
We offer you a range of different coatings (diamond, thermal treatments) or materials (carbon) so you can choose the most suitable and efficient instrument for each material, giving you better performance.
Satelec’s expertise in tuning all its ultrasonic instruments is second to none. Our transducers are probably the best in the world and certainly the only ultrasonic motors capable of driving all these tips at maximum performance, whatever their type or composition.
- Corrosion resistant: the steel alloy we have chosen does not corrode and is resistant to decontamination products as well as to irrigation solutions.
- Tensile strength: the manufacturing procedures are designed, and the tensile properties adjusted, to suit the treatments for which they are intended.
- Sterilization: the tips are suitable for autoclave sterilization, to comply with ISO-11134, as are the handpieces and accessories (wrenches, storage kits, etc.): Temperature: 134°C; Pressure: 2 bars (29 P.S.I.); Sterilization time: 18 minutes.
Each tip is individually tested and “tuned” using the latest in ultrasonic calibration techniques. Our R&D department constantly monitors and evaluates the performance of our instruments with the assistance of leading clinicians from all dental disciplines.
Color Coding System (CCS tips) Since 2004, Satelec instruments are colour coded to show their recommended power range. The same color coding is displayed on the devices: P-Max Newtron® XS (LED), P5 Newtron® XS (LED) and the SP Newtron® (LED) module; as well as on the Suprasson® P5 Booster and the Prophy Max Newtron®
• Low power and amplitude: green.
• Medium power and amplitude: yellow (yellow!).
• High power and amplitude: blue.
• Very high power and maximum amplitude: orange.
The colour marking resists cleaning in the ultrasound bath, ultrasonic vibrations, decontamination agents and sterilization, to a much higher degree than any other system available at present. The markings have no effect on the performance of the CCS tips and the colour coding is still visible when the tip is mounted on the handpiece. Finally, the CCS system is completed with the wrenches (regular and dynamometric) that correspond to the tips by group or colour code.